5.30.2012

One girl's trash is another girl's treasure

My sisters always seem to find the prettiest jewelry pieces.

The other day I was hanging around my sister Melanie's house and she offered me a couple of necklaces she no longer wears.

I love making "old" things my "new" things. You know, taking a piece that a friend or family member doesn't want anymore and finding a cute way to fit it into my wardrobe.

That cropped Aztec print shirt I love so much just so happens to match one of the necklaces Melanie gave me perfectly. The beads match the colors of the top and the "feel" of the two items go well together.

Do you like making old things new?

4 comments:

  1. I love getting old things! I've been purging my room of garbage and my sister has been taking some things (accessories, clothes). When she cleans I do the same! And don't even get me started on thrifting!

    <3
    kimberrleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT SHIRT! It's such a cute print (:
    Also I'm super excited to follow you and I hope you'll return the favor so we can stay in touch. It would mean so much coming from you!

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I love your top, and your nails are so match your look!!


    xx Sophie
    http://navysophie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete